Sunday, April 18, 2010

My idea for potty training

I started potty-training my 18-month-old little guy last week.

He is very active, just like his big sister. He thinks he is too busy to stop playing and sit still on his potty chair. So I have some motivation for him. He loves books, so I sit next to his potty chair with his favorite books, which instantly draws him to me.

Sometimes, that doesn't work. So I pull out my secret weapon. I have sprinkles that normally go on top of cupcakes or ice cream. I think they are also called jimmies? I put a few in my hand. They are so small, that it takes him time to be able to pick up one. By the time he has eaten four or five, he has been sitting on the potty chair for a good amount of time. He thinks they are so fun to eat, and I feel good because I know he is getting such a tiny amount of sugar.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for posting stuff like this. It gets my mind rolling for the future! The photo at the top of your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I waited and didn't potty train any of mine. Just waited until they were older and wanted to. That worked fine except for Julianna who is still afraid to go #2. I mean really afraid! LOL She also hates to hear the toliet flush. Scares her to death.

    ReplyDelete